A Short History
The Lodron family came to the Lagarina Valley in 1456 and settled on the right side of the river Adige. From this moment they played an important part in the often changing history of the region. The palazzo in Nogaredo was first mentioned in 1553.
Nikolaus Count Lodron began building it in 1593, but construction continued through 1628, when Santino Solari, commissioned by Paris Prince Archbishop of Salzburg, added the private family chapel. Solari also added the south wing and the stables, creating the lovely inner courtyard, now planted with cherry trees, and its baroque fountain.